In an ever growing demand to put the reins on big corporations, a recent grass roots movement threatens to shatter the safety blanket that has been protecting corporations for years. What began as Occupy Wall Street, turned into a cataclysm of protestors stretching over 1,000 cities.

Occupy Wall Street is a “leaderless resistance movement with people of many colors, genders and political persuasions.” The major objective of Occupy Wall Street is to fight back against the corrosive power of major banks and multinational corporations over the democratic process, and the role of Wall Street in creating an economic collapse that has caused the greatest recession in generations.

The movement is inspired by the popular uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia, and aims to expose how the richest 1% of people are writing the rules of an unfair global economy that is foreclosing on our future. A recent poll shows that 43% of Americans agree with the Occupy Wall Street movement and have a widespread belief that money and wealth should be distributed more evenly in America. Albeit not all agendas are likely to be the same within such a large protest, however the main message is very clear that wealth has become too concentrated among the “1%” of Americans, and that they are here to ensure that wealth reaches the other 99% of our population. I think the protestors are on the right track, so don’t stay quiet, speak up!  It is our constitutional right to make our voices heard and change the government as we see fit. So get out there people and make your voices heard!

Find you local Occupy Wall Street Movement and become inspired to make a change in our country. Then blog about your experiences on our website or twitter…we would love to hear what you have to say. And don’t forget to check out our video of Treeliving.com visiting the Occupy Los Angeles Movement!

View the Newsletter

About The Author

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.