OVERLAND PARK, Kan.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–With this week’s debut of Sprint’s first Android-powered eco-friendly phone, Samsung Replenish™, wireless experts are showering the phone with accolades, and customers are appreciative of its full line of complementary eco-friendly1 accessories. From the latest in solar-powered chargers to phone
covers made partially from recyclable materials, Sprint customers can help improve the environment one accessory at a time.
With four eco-friendly phones launched to date, Sprint has made available more green devices and accessories than any other U.S. wireless carrier. Marking another U.S. first, an optional solar-charging battery cover is available exclusively for Samsung Replenish. Available for $29.99 (plus tax), the solar charger acts as a solar panel that directly charges the standard battery once mounted on the phone. In just one hour of exposure to direct sunlight, the solar charger can provide up to 20 minutes of talk time.
For those on the go, Sprint also offers the SOLIO Mono Hybrid Charger, an eco-friendly solar-powered charger that can store power from the sun or an electrical socket to recharge a mobile phone anywhere, anytime. The SOLIO charger includes a large internal Lithium-ion battery that can easily be recharged via included USB cable, AC travel charger or solar energy, and retails for $59.99 (plus tax). The SOLIO charger is compact and contains a built-in charge indicator displaying remaining power, and features packaging that incorporates a high percentage of post-consumer recycled paperboard.
Sprint offers a variety of cases, skins and gels to protect Samsung Replenish and other devices from inevitable nicks and scratches. Sprint offers the following phone covers and wraps for Samsung Replenish:
- ECOClear protective covers, made out of wood pulp, include front and back plastic covers with openings to allow easy access to the camera, speaker and charging port. Available for $19.99 (plus tax), ECOClear protective covers are made out of sustainable materials and provide added protection from damage thereby potentially extending the life of Sprint devices.
- Protective Wrap for Samsung Replenish features impact resistant silicone and plastic surrounding all edges and corners that provide easy access to all of the devices’ ports and functions. Available for $19.99, (plus tax), the wrap also fits Replenish with or without the solar door charger.
Rave Reviews for Replenish
While Samsung Replenish has been available to consumers for less than a week, wireless device reviewers and green media have already provided glowing comments about Sprint’s fourth environmentally friendly device:
- In sum, our first impressions of the Replenish are favorable. The device doesn’t feel like recycled handsets of the past, and offers a lot to like – the touchscreen, the keyboard, Android 2.2, and the ID Packs. It’s a smartphone you can feel good about owning.” – Phonescoop
- Nobody loves the environment more than I do – seriously. I applaud Sprint for its sustainability efforts. From contributing money to the Nature Conservancy to initiating an aggressive cell phone recycling program, more tech companies should follow in Sprint’s footsteps.” – PCWorld
- Sprint is upping the bar on green phones, and lowering their costs, with the latest phone in its environmental line, the Samsung Replenish.” – GreenBiz.com
- “So many cell phone apps, so many ways to waste time. Or maybe not, depending on what you’re downloading. Sprint has recently added an eco-themed option to what it refers to as ’ID packs,’ collections of apps, ringers, wallpaper, widgets and more for users interested in personalizing their phones. The ’Green ID‘ pack, as you might guess, contains a bundle of environmental content.” – Audubon Magazine
Samsung Replenish, an Android touch QWERTY smartphone partially built with recycled plastics2 and recyclable packaging3 and enabled with Sprint ID, is available now in all Sprint channels, including sprint.com and 1-800-Sprint1, at the incredibly affordable price of just $49.99 with an eligible upgrade or new activation and two-year service agreement. Sprint is making it easier for customers to make eco-friendly buying decisions by offering $10 off their wireless service each month when the $10 monthly Premium Data add-on charge is waived.
Samsung Replenish requires activation on one of Sprint’s Everything Data plans. The Everything Data plan with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM includes unlimited text, Web and calling to and from any mobile in America while on the Sprint network, starting at just $69.99 per month – a savings of $39.99 per month vs. Verizon’s comparable plan with unlimited talk, text and Web (pricing excludes surcharges and taxes).
For more information on Samsung Replenish of Sprint’s green leadership in the wireless industry, please visit sprint.com/green.
About Sprint Nextel
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 51 million customers at the end of 1Q 2011 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation’s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.
1 The terms “Earth-friendly”, “green”, “eco-focused”, “environmentally conscious”, “eco-friendly”, “eco-centric” and other ecological terms refer to the product, packaging and recycling initiatives as described in this release and applicable product documentation, websites, and other referenced programs.
2 M580 (Replenish) made with PCM: post-consumer mechanically recycled plastic.
3 Recycling programs may not exist in your area.
For the latest on Samsung Replenish accessories, visit your local Sprint store or www.sprint.com/accessories.
Visit www.sprint.com/newsroom or www.sprint.com/presskits for more information and images.
Article Courtesy of: http://www.businesswire.com
Image Courtesy of: Rosen Georgiev