There are so many gift box ideas you can make out of recycled materials. Whether it’s for a birthday, Christmas, or some other occasion, a personalized gift box that you make yourself is a gift in itself. Here are some ideas on how to make these special boxes.
Personalized Cork Cube
To make this, you will ne
ed the following materials:
* Empty cube-shaped tissue box
* 4 sheets of cork (an eco-friendly material – if you can get cork made from recycled corks, even better)
* 1 to 4 photos
* Glue gun
* A box cutter, sharp knife, or craft knife
1. Cut the top of the box off to make an open-topped cube.
2. Lay the tissue box on its side and trace 4 squares onto the cork.
3. Cut out the 4 squares.
4. Using the ruler, draw a smaller square in the middle of each cork.
5. Cut the smaller square out so that you end up with 4 “frames” made of cork.
6. Put a bead of hot glue around the edge of the inner square. Mount your photo face-down onto the window.
7. Using the hot glue gun, glue each cork square to each of the 4 sides of the tissue box, leaving the top open.
You can use recycled card stock or holidays cards instead of cork. Instead of photos, you can use various colors of squares. This technique can be used on cereal boxes, cylindrical oatmeal or potato chip containers, or rectangular tissue boxes. If you use a cylindrical container, simply wrap the cork around the container after cutting out your window. Almost any recyclable container can be covered in this way.
Get creative, and think about recyclable materials in your home. Magazines and newspapers can make creative coverings for recyclable containers, too.